When it comes to choosing classical music tracks for kids to listen to, people often don’t know where to start. Music has many wonderful uses and it can be chosen to fit any mood or activity. Children love contrast, so don’t be frightened to mix it up a bit.
If you’re after classical music tracks for kids in order to set a relaxed and calm environment, check out this playlist.
1.Johann Strauss Tritsch-Tratsch-Polka Op. 214
2. Johann Strauss Radetzky March Op 228
An obvious choice for marching, banging on drums and pretending to be a soldier!
3. Tchaikovsky The Nutcracker Suite Op.79a
Who wouldn’t want to be a sugar plum fairy or march like a tin soldier!? This one offers great variety- so it’s just limited to Christmas but your children might already recognise it if they like the film Elf!
4. Camille Saint-Saens Carnival of the Animals
This is perfect for imaginative movement for slightly older (primary school age) children. Different animals are represented in the music, see if your children can guess which are which!
5. Henry Hall Orchestra Teddy Bear’s Picnic
6. Henry Hall Orchestra
Great song which goes with the story of the Three Little Pigs. You can read the story and then sing along to the song!
7. Georges Bizet Carmen Suite #1: Les Toreadors
8. Edward Elgar Pomp and Circumstance March #1 Op.39
9. Handel’s Water Music
10. Vivaldi’s Four Seasons
We just uploaded two Musical Board books about Four Seasons:
11. Johann Pachelbel Canon in D
12. J.S Bach Air on the G String
13. Elmer Bernstein The Great Escape Theme Tune
14. Traditional Scottish Country Dancing