130 piece wooden tangram set, made of bright colorful wooden pieces, together with 24 cards and a cloth carry bag.
Tangrams were invented in China a few hundred years ago but have become increasingly popular as not only a fun activity but as a learning experience.
Tangrams can help children:
- classify shapes
- develop positive feelings about geometry
- gain a stronger grasp of spatial relationships
- develop an understanding of how geometric shapes can be decomposed
- hone spatial rotation skills
- acquire a precise vocabulary for manipulating shapes (e.g., “flip,” “rotate”)
- learn the meaning of congruence